Friday, August 2, 2013

Animals -- Mostly Large

This picture is supposed to be at the end, but no matter what I do, it insists upon being up here. Oh well.
Look closely -- there's a goat on that motorcycle!
It's not unusual to see cattle, water buffalo, goats, and dogs wandering the roads and highways. While I've seen many dogs limping along on only 3 usable legs, the larger animals are large enough and slow enough for vehicles to avoid them.

Sometimes it's difficult to use a road when cattle decide it's their domain.

Pre-monsoon. Even the cattle want the shade.

I've also seen pigs along the street, and yesterday we had a cat on our door step. It ran away as soon as I got out of the car. It was the most beautiful cat I think I've ever seen -- leopard spots. I hope I can get a picture some time.

As you might expect in a country overrun with trash, rats have plenty to live on. We saw two dead rats on our Sunday walk. It's also no wonder that rabies is a huge problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment