Sunday, August 18, 2013

A Monsoon Sunday in Lonavala -- Animals

During our walk today in Lonavala, we saw a number of interesting animals. Here's a selection:

Three small pigs eating along the road. They were part of small herd of 7 pigs.
While I've seen many dogs here, this is the first time I've seen them sleeping off the ground -- these two are on an unused vendor's cart. Clearly they know they're not supposed to be there -- as soon as I stopped and took out a camera, the lower dog immediately left the cart!
I took out my camera to take a picture of three crows sitting on the back of another buffalo, but they flew off as I took out my camera. But I couldn't pass up the opportunity to capture this face!
This video isn't as good as I'd like it to be because there was no oncoming traffic. Nonetheless, it gives you a taste of how cattle just roam around in India.


No comments:

Post a Comment