Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Walk in Vapi

Every Sunday we walk from our bungalow to our Hindi lesson and back -- a round trip of about 4 miles. It's good to stretch legs at least once a week! Walking is not the most pleasant way to get around town -- lots of dodging cars, trucks, tuk-tuks, motorcycles, and whatever else decides to be on the road. And you never know what you might come across.

This is not a new sign, but I finally snapped the photo. Driving against traffic is frequently done if it's more convenient.
Sooner or later I guess I'll become accustomed to seeing cows and buffalo everywhere. Here are today's encounters:

Just outside our "society" a cow finds the road the best place to "set for a spell."
Along NH8. Water buffalo are really HUGE animals.
And finally, is this an apartment complex for chemists? I've always been amused by the name, and have no idea where it comes from. (I had not noted the leaning power pole until I started editing the photo -- it's just too typical not to include it!)


1 comment:

  1. All your entries are good. But this is my favorite one - so far. GREAT pics, Sue. And I love the pic with Lon and the WB!! Thanks much!!

    ReplyDelete