Thursday, April 6, 2017

On the Road from Jodhpur to Udaipur

Wednesday, 27 March 2017

Today we drove from Jodhpur to Udaipur with a stop along the way in Ranakpur. (In case you hadn’t guessed, “pur” is an ending for “town” in Hindi.) Ranakpur is the topic of the next post. This post is just miscellany too good not to post.

We passed a line of camel carts in Falna.
It’s harvest time. There were lots of similarly overloaded trucks and carts carrying cotton or cattle fodder.
I’m skipping ahead a day here -- this was actually between Udaipur and Chittorgarh, but you get the idea.
A mongoose on our hotel grounds inUdaipur. I caught him licking his nose! [Update 23 April: I just learned that that this tongue action has a name, "mlem". Thanks to NPR.]
Peacocks never fail to be photogenic. (Again, at our hotel in Udaipur.)
I’m kinda cheating here on dates. I photographed this parakeet (rose-ringed? I’ll  have to confirm with my bird book back home) the next morning at breakfast.
And this lovely rooster was in Chittorgarh Fort.


No comments:

Post a Comment